Can Anyone lend some advice? I got a dog off craigslist and kept him for 2 months.

I gave the dog to a Lady who said she would take good care of him. Now a month later the orign owner emailed me saying, shes being charged with neglect. They found the dog on the road... running down the road. Skin and bones and matted.... He still had on the org tags. I tried to call the lady I gave him to. No phone, She moved but, i got her old address. What can i do to help the owner?? I feel so bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• give her all the infomation that you have and explain in writing what happened
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 8:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I don't think there is anything you can do - legally. She should have kept her tags when she gave the dog to you.
    Anonymous

• I took off his taggs. I was home when she came to get him. It was a mistake with the tags. yes i guess I will email her and give her the ladys address(last know) and her name. I have proof he was fine, We took pics of him the day before i gave him away. And I had taken him 4 shots right after I got him. I gave the lady food, and all his stuff. i thought she was a sweet lady. I feel horrible. Thank you for the advice~
    Anonymous

• I mean I wasnt home !typo
    Anonymous

• That poor dog! I feel so bad for him, did you or she get the dog back? I hope they find him a good home. That's just horrible. I would call the lady you got him from and tell her you will help in any way you can, she will have a number or a court date, you may need to go with her.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I feel awful. Yes I told her I would help her in anyway. Hes at the animal shelter... they even said he had crusty ears! Hes a little Pom. I doubt either of us would be able to get him back. She said hes at the animal shelter. I just dont see how in a short of time he could of been in such bad shape. Unless she throw em on the streets right after She got him. But i dont see why take a dog just to abuse it. I gave the dog away 1 month ago.
    Anonymous

• I think the lady can say that she gave the responsibility to you and after the two months if you couldn't take care of the dog let the original owner know that. She could take the dog back or you were willing to find a new owner.
    Anonymous