Since I had my son (8 1/2 months) I have NO sex drive!!! Is this normal?

We used to have sex nearly every day (sometimes more!) even throughout my pregnancy. Now, if we go a week without having sex, I hardly even notice. Is this normal? And what can I do to try to help the situation? Thanks in advance!

amyj1420

Asked by amyj1420 at 5:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• our relationship has been the same way. i dont feel all into it anymore. i am not trying to be rude but when you get good advice let me know:) good luck
    Maxsmommy1

Answer by Maxsmommy1 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Its normal its because the baby is taking all the time from you. The time you use to use having sex. It will get better but it may take a while. Talk with eachother so your partner realizes that you are aware this is not normal and he doesn't think that this is how it will always be now that the baby is here or it will lead to fights. If it gets to be real long talk to your Dr.
    natenally

Answer by natenally at 5:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• This is normal after having a child. It happens because of the distance the couples have after the baby. You and your husband have to spend more time not thinking about sex, but about all the other traits in each other that made you two fall in love in the first place. You tow have to commuicate more and look into each others eyes more, hold hands more. Get the fire burning again by just talking and touching more. Set aside one day for yourselves with out the baby, go see a movie, go out to dinner, take a walk in the park. Give it some time. Don't worry, your sex drive will get back on track.
    greatmomandwife

Answer by greatmomandwife at 5:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Your hormones sometimes don't get back on track for a year or so. I would talk to my doctor. Everything else okay? Is the baby weight making you feel less desirable? Are you too tired? How about trying a "date night" once every week to try to romance things up? Think about all of the above. Good luck.
    grandmalinda707

Answer by grandmalinda707 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2009