Hemorhoids (sp?)

When I was pregnant I started getting hemorhoids. After giving birth they were worse - but they sent me home with witch hazel pads and they worked really well to get them very significantly smaller. My daughter is now 8 months old and I still constantly have them ... I don't know how to get rid of them totally. Its embarrasing during sex - if he tries to go anywhere near there I'm worried he will see or feel them. Sometimes they are so big that they really hurt. What is still causing them and what can I do to make them go away completely?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Health

• Well, I think it's sad that you aren't comfortable enough with your significant other to tell him about a health concern, but I guess that's beside the point. I'd see a doctor about it. They can prescribe a cream or an oral medication that can help. My sister struggled with this and whatever the doctor gave her helped her get rid of them.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should take stool softeners for awhile until they aren't hurting so much. If your poop is too firm it is probably irritating them everytime you go. Sorry--I'm giggly today, lol!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Your doctor could help prescribe a steroid suppository to help shrink them. In the meantime make sure your "stool" is not hard, take colace, get fiber to put in your drinks, take a sitz bath ( sit in a warm bath basically) 1-2 times a day. Also sitting or standing too long can cause problems. For sitting I have seem to felt better using a donut pillow. At night I try not to sleep on my back, don't want to put more pressure so I sleep with a body pillow.

Also you can use an over the counter cream, like preperation H. I think your best bet would be of course to make a doctors appointment so he can help you more. I know it's embarassing, but he will be use to that stuff. You are not alone, hemrroids kind of come with pregnancy and kids, KWIM ?
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 10:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• There are many natural remedies you can use. You can try internal and external formulas. Let me know if you are interested and if so, if you prefer internal or external.
    healthymedicine

Answer by healthymedicine at 6:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2009