Hey, my baby had 3 yellow watery stools today in her diaper...do you think it's diarrhea?what should i do about it?

Ktsou

Asked by Ktsou at 8:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is she? I wold watch her, if she starts to run fever or it continues until tomorrow I wold call her pedi. but make sure she fets plenty of fluids.
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 9:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• 4 1/2 months old.
    Ktsou

Answer by Ktsou at 9:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• mine had 1 at that age, I just bought pedialyte in case, and no problem after, I might say call if 1 more
    babygirl821

Answer by babygirl821 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• my daughter got like that when she was cutting her first tooth, she was right at 5 months, i did the same and gave her pedialyte but you can do a simple at home test to find out it she is not getting enough fluids. at her collar bone where there is that hollow spot just lightly pinch and pull up the skin (not to hurt just to raise the skin) when you let it go it should go right back in place with no wait at all if she is not getting enough fluids it will take a little bit (like a seccond or 2) or will be slow going back then you know she will need to see the dr.

hope this will help
    tlc2008ppm

Answer by tlc2008ppm at 4:40 AM on Jan. 28, 2009