Do you get nervous when a police pulls up behind your car in traffiic.

I have never been in trouble with the law, but I am afraid each time a cop car is behind me. May be I watch too much t.v. Perhaps it's the stigma about dirty cops. Sometimes I think about how your well being is in their hands when you are on the road. If a cop plants something on you or your car it could really ruin your life. It is just a phobia because I never want to see the inside of a jail. Does anyone feel this way?

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 8:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My SO doesnt have a license but i let him drive anyways. And if we even see a cop im all over him, like turn the other way. And if we stop at a store and there happens to be a cop in the store i make him let me drive when we leave. Its not just you
    Anonymous

• nope, maybe because I have tons of cop friend and my fil is a cop too
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 9:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Yes Im black and they make your life a living hell.
    Anonymous

• LOL I do. I dont know why. I'm 43 and never had a ticket. My cars are legal and have insurance. I was pulled over one time many years ago for a cracked windshield and was never ticketed lol. I will turn or stop at the nearest store to get away from them.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Not at all. My husband is a cop :).
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 9:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Not sure why, but yes.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• im not scared of anything getting planted on me but i REALLY dont want to be pulled over! tickets are a hassle
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Nope - 'cause I have nothing to hide and am not doing anything wrong.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Haha I always thought maybe I was a bit of a paranoid schizophrenic, but yes, I feel the exact same way! I am NOT guilty of anything, but whenever a police officer pulls up behind or next to me I sit up straight, look ahead and put my hands in the 10 and 2 position.
    Anonymous

• Well I used to be like that, not worried about a cop planting anything in my car or anything, but afraid of getting pulled over. But after I got pulled over 22 times in one year...that fear shot out the window. I got pulled over for the most rediculous things, like I got pulled over once in my driveway b/c the cop wanted to know where i lived, lol. Thing is, I've NEVER gotten a ticket...not even a parking ticket. Also since I'm in my early 20's I have 6 close friends who have just entered into the police force here so I don't have a whole lot to worry about. And my best friends father is a retired officer and he says that i'm his "daughter god forgot to give him" so he backs me up all the time.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 9:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2009