Please Help Emt Psychological exam?????

Help Emt Psychological exam?????
I am current in pursue of becoming a emt for my county in maryland. I am almost done with the process I know have to go take a Psychological screening and medical exam soon. but i dont know what they do at either of these testing can some help by telling me what they will do and if the have been through the process theirself . I am nerves because i dont know what they will do. I took them two years to call me back for this i dont wanna screw it up ...

davina211

Asked by davina211 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• I was a volunteer EMT/Paramedic as well as a FIrefighter at one time.. I think it is just trying to see if you can handle the stress and emotional ups and downs of the job. It will probably test your nerves and your emotions.. anxiety levels, etc... Trust me, this is one career that being "manic" would be perfect for. Truly, lots of people in this field turn to pills or alcohol to handle what you see... you burn out quickly. I was in the field for about a total of 10 years, and I finally retired.. I look back at the things I did and wonder, why?? I could never do it again.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2009