BF and solids 5mo Urgent

My baby is not peeing as much past couple days. Not wanting to BF as much either. So last night I thought I'd give her a little cereal and she was very excited. Is it time for solids? Are these symptoms of problem or desire for much substantial meals. Less diapers normal?

babygirl821

Asked by babygirl821 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Less wet diapers means she is taking in less fluids. The breastmilk may not be satisfying her. Check with your pediatricain about supplementing with formula.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 9:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I'd say it is all normal. As long as she is eating, drinking, peeing and pooping still, she is probably just ready for the next step!
    Anonymous

• around 5-6 mo my daughter started not peeing as often, sround 6 mo she quit peeing in the night. it's just her body changing. if she's interested in food, she is 5 mo, a little won't hurt but I woldn't give her too much, derfinitely no more than an ounce at a time
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 9:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Ugh, why does everyone automatically jump to supplimenting with formula?? That is very rarely the answer!!
    Anonymous

• bty, I breastfed my daughter adn they don't take in as much as bottle fed anyway and are going to pee less.
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 9:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Anon, did you have an answer for the question??? or just being rude to someone who was offering the advice they knew to give?
    Anonymous

• oops forgot to ask whats the next step bananas or other, btw was 8-10 diapers now 5-7
    Anonymous

• oops didnt mean anon
    babygirl821

Answer by babygirl821 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• do you give anything if teething?
    babygirl821

Answer by babygirl821 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• that sounds normal to me. You can start with 1st foods or you can puree your own. I would boil carrot and then put them in a chopper with some water and puree them for my daughter, alot sheaper than buying baby food. same with bananas or anything else. you don't always have to add water when you puree but i was afraid of the food being too thick and her gagging on it
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 9:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2009