Kindle, Ipad, Nook, or Kobo?

I am thinking of taking the plunge, but don't know which one to purchase. Any help/advice/thoughts would be much appreciated.

Chocolatespring

Asked by Chocolatespring at 10:56 PM on May. 9, 2012 in Technology

• Kindle Fire, I love it.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 10:58 PM on May. 9, 2012

• My 8 year old has limited use of the basic kindle. My husband and I have a kindle touch, each. We all love our kindles.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:01 PM on May. 9, 2012

• I have an iPad with a kindle app on it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:05 PM on May. 9, 2012

• I would suggest playing with the in-store models before deciding. I have the basic Kindle... it suits my needs. I hate touch screens and the only reason I have it is to read books... I have no other use for another device to do other stuff.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:06 PM on May. 9, 2012

• I LOVE my Kindle Fire!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:11 PM on May. 9, 2012

• The Kindle fire gives you the most bang for your buck.
    iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 11:13 PM on May. 9, 2012

• It depends on your budget and how you plan to use it. I have a Nook Tablet and I love it. If I had had the budget, however, I would have gone for the iPad.

The iPad would allow you to download the apps for Kindle, Nook and the apple ereader giving you the option to buy any format based on availability and price. buying another brand ties you to their e-book. The iPad has more apps. It's a full functioning tablet with eReader acapability. The Kindle and Nook Tablet are eReaders souped up to be entry level tablets. Apps are available but limited to what BN and Amazon have opted to include in their app stores - ie. not as much as Apple. That said, my primary goal was to have an ereader with some add-ons. For that purprose, the Nook Tablet has been fantastic. I love it. Love it. Love it.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:16 PM on May. 9, 2012

• It really would depend on what you want it for. I wanted just a replacement for the piles and piles of books I own, plus after looking at a computer screen for a good while, my vision tends to blur, so the best one for me to purchase just just a regular NOOK. It's wifi, no bells and whistles, and just black and white, but it also doesn't have that irritating lighted screen, so I can read all day and it not hurt my eyes at all.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:33 PM on May. 9, 2012

• I have a kindle fire and love it
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:37 AM on May. 10, 2012

• I want an ipad only because I love the fact that I can watch the shows I record in DVR on it! But if I were going to splurge and get a tablet I'd most likely just get a cheaper one.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:20 AM on May. 10, 2012