How can my boyfriend and I stop fighting all the time?

My boyfriend and I have been together almost a year now and we fight all the time. almost every fight is seriously over nothing. We try really hard not to but it still happens. We love eachother so much but this fighting is tearing us apart.

ilovefrank13

Asked by ilovefrank13 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• if you are fighting all the time you need to sit down and reevaluate your relationship. you don't want a baby in a home where fighting is happening. One of you needs to calm their temper, no offense. but I grew up with a hateful mother and I have learned to bite my toungue b/c I don't want to argue with my husband. So, that being said. maybe if he gets angry or starts raising his voice with you, it's time to end the conversation, or don't yell back, just elt it go
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 9:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Can you see yourself living like this for the rest of your life? You didn't mention a child, but if you have one believe me it is horrible to hear parents fighting, and all the time! very very bad for the child. Counseling might help. Spend a few days apart to see if things cool off a bit. When you get back together maybe you'll feel better about each other. Stop thinking in terms of what is annoying you about him, and he should do the same about you. Think instead of why you love each other. if you just can't, then consider if you should be together.

Answer by Bmat at 9:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• break up.
    Anonymous

• i was in a relationship like this. counseling would work really well. OR you guys need some space from each other. when i was in that relationship we were constantly together and i never had "me time." yeah maybe one or both of you needs to tone it down on the temper. thats how i was. we both would get fiesty with each other. we ended up breaking up because we were too much alike haha. and hes the father of my baby...shes fiesty too! but anyways..if you want it to work..sit down with him and talk to him about this issue and suggest counseling or something and tell him you want it to work bc you love him. good luck :)
    Anonymous

• you two were prego way too young. he looks like he's about 16. if you have only been together for a year, you didnt have time to get to know him very well before you laid down with him. i recommend lots of counseling. you both obviously don't have a clue about relationships if you fight every day. making a baby does not equal love.
    Anonymous

• it takes 2 to fight. if you don't reply then the fighting stops

Answer by admckenzie at 9:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Counseling. If You Can't Afford Counseling Then Try Talking To Each Other Instead Of Yelling At Each Other. Also Go To The Library And Check Out Relationship Books.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 11:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2009