• In the Spotlight:

how do u get your grandparents off your back

my grandparents love to make my life miserable and like to turn me into dfs alot because they want to take my kids from me. i dont know what to do and when my kids are sick she gets upset even at a little diaper rash just alittle. they have to much influence on the town to spy on me and espeacially on me what do i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would want to move!
    Anonymous

• I'd tell them to back off and let me raise my children.

We are only getting one side of the story here though and it makes me wonder why they distrust you so much. If they have grounds to be worried, then that's a whole different thing.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Stop letting them see the kids, anddon't let anyone else you know that would go tell them.

Answer by louise2 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Leave town...Seriously or you could sue them for slander and false accusations that bring dfs into situations. or have a court order put against them to not be able to contact you in any way shape or form.
    Anonymous

• Have a heart to heart talk with them. Be calm, not abrasively defensive. Say, "I really want my kids to have a close relationship with you, and I think that setting a loving example for them would be a good start. Let's get together for lunch sometime this week. When is a good time for you?" That way it will give both of you a chance to think about what you want to say. Wait for a reply. If it's nasty/mean spirited, ignore it - as hard as it might be - and say, "When you're ready to get together, let me know." That's really all you can do. They will not change their ways if you don't speak your mind and really let them know, in a calm way, that they are only pushing you away with their actions/comments on your child rearing.
    Anonymous

• If I were you, as much as you don't want to...just stop and ask yourself, what is making them believe you are not taking care of your kids appropriately. Whether it's true or not, it might help to just try to see where they are coming from. There must be some things pretty serious or they wouldn't go so far as to call CPS. I'm not taking anyone's side. I just know that sometimes people think they are doing a good job but they could do a lot better if they knew what to do. If you could sit down with them CALMLY and just let them tell you why they think you are not being a good parent and REALLY listen and not get defensive, let it sink in a day or two and then make a decision on what you want to do. They may be totally nuts, then again, it could make you a better mom and I believe we all want to be the best mom we can.
    Anonymous