beautiful children

If someone tells you that your children are beautiful, does that mean you are beautiful also expecially when they say that they look just like you? I'm just curious, people tell me all the time and I don't view myself as nice looking, but do other people see me differently?

determind

Asked by determind at 9:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I hate it! I have heard it all my life, and DD hears it, too. I think it is retarded that people feel the need to celebrate someone else's looks. There is so much more to people. I have heard it so much that I eventually started to feel like maybe they were putting me on to make me feel good about myself because maybe I was really ugly. IDK. I think it is beyond tacky to stop someone and tell them how beautiful they or their children are. I don't say "thank you" because it isn't something that I have accomplished. Being beautiful, by this I mean having a beautiful face, is not something you do, it is something you are born with and it is silly to take any credit for genetics.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 9:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• this is a very sad question. you are beautiful. and your children are beautiful too.
    Anonymous

• It is not silly to take credit for genetics, it proves you have the GOOD STUFF. Do you think animals look for fat ugly mates? Um.. NO, the brightest birds, the strongest buck etc.
    If you've got it, flaunt it.. if your ugly. Well, do what you can with what you've got.

Anonymous

• I have to say my son looks better than my husband and I. lol. He just god all our good genetics jumbled in to one.
    Anonymous

• well how would you feel if they said " you have such a pretty face"! which really means- you're a fat ass- it's a shame that your face is attached to that body...thats what i get all the time. so enjoy it when someone finds what god gave you as attractive all around.
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 9:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I think all children are beautiful, it has nothing to do with their looks, its the look of innocence, joy, cuteness, whatever that's on their faces. Even the most ugly child looks-wise is beautiful to someone.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• sorry.. not beautiful to someone.. beautiful on the inside is what I meant
    kristal2146

• lol, people tell me my daughter is beautiful to..which in my opinion is true!! and then they say she looks just like me..but..i know im not! maybe on the inside yaa..but not on the outside..i dont think anyone has ever called me beautiful..so..i dunno
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I just tell them "Thank you, it's the recessive genes working out for us."
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• my DD get the "she's so beautiful" from strangers all the time. but i think it has more to do with her being outgoing & always having a smile on her face. she is a SUPER friendly 7mo & so she is always catching attention.

when someone says both "shes so beautiful" and "she looks just like you" i usually assume they mean the smile (i try to smile a lot, makes me look better haha). i just tell my DD to say thank you (even tho she cant talk) just so the person knows i appreciate it, but this way i feel less awkward haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2009