how do I get my 19mth old to stay in bed

i just took the side off of the crib to make it into a daybed and she will not stay in it, so after 1hr of playing put the baby in the crib, I put the mattress on the floor and put the side of the crib back up. I am out of patience any suggestions?

determind

Asked by determind at 9:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well I put my son into an actual toddler bed when he turned about 13 months....and what I do/did is at night I do the same bedtime routine bath/sippy cup/brush teeth/ect... then when it's time for bed I put him in it cover him up with his favorite blanket, turn off all lights and shut the door.
    Now I'm going to let you know we paid $50.00 for that toddler bed and he rarely ever seeps in it, most of the time he will play as long as he can see what he's playing with, then eventually he will go right to sleep on his own. I really don't think they care to stay in the bed to tell you the truth, he most of the time prefers to just pass out on the floor by the toddler bed or just wherever in his room.
    But basically you have to just let her wear herself out, and then when she is ready she will go right out. -Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 9:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Maybe she feels better being in a crib. Why rush them to a toddler bed?
    Anonymous

• she just may not be ready for it yet. if she cant climb out of the crib she is fine in it. and if she can you can get a crib tent at toys r us. it is a dome that goes over the crib so babies cant climb out. the from zips so it can be left on all the time and you can still easily get baby in and out. they are a little pricy at $75 bucks but if shes not ready for the toddler bed yet its a pretty good investment to keep her safe. hope it helps.
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• oh i forgot to give you the link to the crib tents in my first answer....
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2404625
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 12:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• if your child refuses to stay in a toddler bed then i dont think she is ready. My daughter is 20 months and she is nowhere near ready for a toddler bed.
    abygalesmom

Answer by abygalesmom at 2:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2009