Should I go into L&D

I have been crampy for the past 36 hours but nothing timeable... this evning they have been getting closer together, about 4-8 min apart the last 2 hours or so... This is my first preg. and I dont want to go in and be sent home... I am 39 weeks and 3 days

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 9:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd go just to be safe. there is no shame in going to L&D for a false alarm!
    Anonymous

• yea, I'd go in & get checked out. It sounds like the real deal to me- and your very close to due date. Good luck!
    alinzasmommy

Answer by alinzasmommy at 9:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• call your dr ofc, they have an er number. you can call and ask. but it doesn't hurt. have you been in for a weekly check yet? what were you last dialated at?
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 9:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I was 2CM Thursday and only 50% affaced
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 9:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• you never know. I would st least call. some say it's pointless to go in until your water breaks but you never know if there is something going on
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 9:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I always like to call first. I am like you if I had to worry about labor (I have scheduled c-sections with my kids) I would probably not go in until it was really too late to go. I would feel like a goof to go in and get sent home...lol but you should still go. You are really far along. And only %20 of women have their water break before arriving at the hospital...lol %20!!
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2009