curcumsistion

i really cant spell that words sorry but the foreskin on your sons penis being removed is what i mean... do you think that just because the baby's dad says to do it you should i cant make up my mind and need to make a decision i have 35 days til due date and this is the first grandson on this side of the family and all my soon to be ex husband can say is you better but is it really better?

bugbug07

Asked by bugbug07 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's not really better, but I have decided to have my lil'Guy done... Its all preference... I choose to, you can choose, also my SO wants him done so its getting done... I am 39 weeks and 3 days
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 9:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Well, it's not just your decision, at least take into consideration what the dad wants...I had my guy done because his daddy it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• we didnt have my son's done, because his dad didnt want too.. and i really dont know the difference......lol.. so yeah really i think you guys should talk it out,...
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I did not do it. I do not consider it necessary.
    Momdenoe

Answer by Momdenoe at 9:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• We did not do it. The skin pullsback on it's own when erect anyway. My husband is but our boys are not. They have never said anything. Can't really tel.
    momma_boop

Answer by momma_boop at 10:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• There are drawbacks of both. An intact foreskin carries a greater risk of infection...Yeast infections. So nothing that normal women don't frequently deal with. Little known fact...Most of the nerve endings are in the foreskin so you take away alot of sexual pleasure receptors when you take away the foreskin. On the other hand an uncircumcised male is more susceptible to most STDs. I mean everyone is susceptible, but you can conceivably sleep with an infected person and not catch anything, The chances are very slim for anyone but even slimmer for a man who isn't circumcised. (Cont)
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• We don't circ. It's not needed and the foreskin does have a purpose.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• (CONT) Very rarely during circumcision the penis can be injured or too much of the foreskin removed, which can cause the growth to be stunted. I swear I don't make this stuff up. Sometimes later in life the man may require the circumcision to be performed, at which time it will be extremely painful and traumatic. Get all the info and make an informed decision. I personally do not like the way that uncircumcised penises look. I also think a circumcised penises are cleaner, which may very well not be the case anymore but when they became popular it was due to hygienic reasons. I got my first son done and the one I am carrying now will also get his done. If his penis ends up smaller and with less feeling I am ok with that. Lol. Penises are nothing but trouble anyway. Lol
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Our pediatricians out here started doing this new thing when my son was born where they only remove the very very tip of the foreskin, leaving the rest of it around the penis. It's not a full circumcision. They did it to my son (I left the option up to DH because I had figured he and DS had the same thing in common.) and it really looks more like it has been left uncircumcised with the exception of the very tip. It's easier to pull back and clean.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 10:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• That sounds like a really good idea...that should be good for both sides of the argument. littlemrs.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2009