Gay Marriage

Do you think that legalizing gay marriage would pose a threat to anyone? Why?

No equal rights means equal rights for everyone.

xHeiligx

Asked by xHeiligx at 3:11 PM on May. 10, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I am all for it. Love is Love and who am I to stand in the way of that. I say "Love and Let Love"
    It would not pose any threat to others. ♥
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 7:04 PM on May. 14, 2012

• Absolutely not! the threat is in the minds of those who just don't understand that they are like us and deserve anything others get.

Answer by older at 8:36 AM on May. 12, 2012

• But to the best of my knowledge allowing gay couples the same civil rights as anyone else is wrong.

I am really hoping this is a typo?

Answer by JackieGirl007 5 hours ago

--------------------------------
    I hope it is a typo, too. :-/
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 5:26 PM on May. 11, 2012

• As an individual, I could care less who gets married. Gay marriage doesn't have to be a religious issue. Gay marriage is a legal issue. Most straight people are okay with gay civil unions so they can visit their partners in a hospital if need be and all other legal situations. Its also a states issue because the government doesn't have to even recognize marriage period for anyone. The history of government recognizing marriages, which at one time was simply a church issue, began like other things as a revenue source and as a way to regulate who got married to whom (in situations where there was an interracial couple). Legal marriage has necessitated legal divorce, child custody, etc. Our courts aren't ready for gay divorce. Also studies show that children, the next generation of tax payers and government, do best when raised in a nuclear family (I realize there are exceptions to every rule), so why would states undo this?
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 11:43 AM on May. 11, 2012

• Marriage is a state issue, NOT a federal government issue. I support the states having a right to define marriage, define unions, etc. What I don't support? The federal government over stepping the limits clearly stated in the Constitution.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:40 AM on May. 11, 2012

I am really hoping this is a typo?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:39 AM on May. 11, 2012

• Yes, it would pose a threat to the religious fanatics who don't believe in free will, freedom of religion, and human rights.
    Other than that, couldn't harm a thing.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:37 AM on May. 11, 2012

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:40 PM on May. 10, 2012

• No, I don't think it's a threat to anyone

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 6:15 PM on May. 10, 2012

• Wow---that is hysterical emptynstr !!! I think most of the states have some archaic laws still on the books that would make us all laugh!
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 6:00 PM on May. 10, 2012