Whose money is it?

If you are a SAHM and you DH/SO works, who's money is it? Your's, his or both?
If both you and your DH/SO work, who's money is it?
If you work and your DH/SO stay's at home or dosen't work, who's money is it?

I'm a SAHM and DH works. His pay cheques go into our joint account and the money is used as necessary. It's considered both of ours. Although he didn't always feel it should be that way.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm a SAHM and my husband works. His money goes into our joint account, and it's ours. I don't have to ask for money...I just spend what I need. We've been married almost 5 years and together for much longer than that and we've NEVER fought about money.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Its both of yours
    Anonymous

• no matter what our situation has been, we've done all 3 of the above BTW, it's always OUR money.

If my husband didn't see it should be that way then I'd tell him to pay me as a maid, cook, & child care provider for his children and even write up a bill for it! LOL
    Anonymous

• you work keeping the home and taking care of the kids so he can work outside the home. It belongs to both of you. Just ask a divorce lawyer!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It is both. You are married.... Period.
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 9:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• well, i always tell my gh it's his money but he says ours. he's a contracted dr so whatever he brings in, he gives me a certain amount a week to pay bills and for me and the rest goes into a business checking account that he uses for his gas and lunch and so on but I can get extra from the other account if I need it but I usually don't
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 9:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Hmm this one is iffy to me. It depends on if SAH takes care of stuff during the day, not just messing around on CM or getting drunk or never doing chores LOL! If they are lazy, then it's the husband's money for sure. I never ever ever put myself in a position where i didn't make my own half of the money.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I consider it both of ours, but I still ask for the money to pay the bills. I have always been very dependent when it comes to bills and things, and always worked until i had the baby. I just dont feel right going into his bank account and taking the money. We dont have a joint account but we use the same bank and i can sign onto his and transfer it to mine, but i dont i let him do it , so he knows whats there and what it has been used for
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• we share everything. even when i was at home going to school and not working we shared everything. now that i work 2 jobs, we still share everything. we have a good marriage. i think sharing makes it that way.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• If your married both. If not married, your money is your's and his money is his.

Answer by louise2 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2009