unecessary?

what items did you buy during your pregnancy for yourself and your baby that you found useless or could have just gone without?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The boppy pillow.
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 10:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• the little sound thing you can get at wal-mart that lets you hear the baby....I dunno wht it's called but it comes with headphones and it's white, but it's supposed to allow you to hear the baby's heartbeat or the baby in general and really all I ever heard was a lot o static lol.... -Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 10:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• The bumbo seat thing and those little mittens you put on their hands. Socks work just as well and after an hour you lose the mittens...lol.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Wipe warmer, and a comforter, bumper set.
    Anonymous

• i agree scratch mittens are a total waste of $ i also used socks. never bought a wipe warmer. never bought the fancy baby towel with a part to put the head in, they dont hold still long enough to even bother. didnt buy a monitor to leave in the bedroom.
    learae

Answer by learae at 10:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• yeah no wipe warmers for me either...no baby monitors, The baby sleeps in my room in a bassinet until it outgrows the bassinet and then I move the baby to the baby room and I figure it he/she actually needs me they will really belt it out and I won't need a monitor. Babies are really loud sleepers and they make all kinds of noises that wake me up all night long for nothing.Those hooded towels are pointless...they are cute but my kids are born really big so the towels really don't work for long...But i couldn't live without Cloth diapers for spills and accidents, and the baby sleeping gowns...they are super for middle of the night diaper changes...no buttons and crap...not to mention they don't become useless if your baby grows an inch like those footie things. Which I also like but the gowns are awesome.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I wish I would have asked this question while I was pregnant! I agree with the wipe warmer. The one I have dries them out anyways. And I bought lots of newborn and 0-3 month clothing my son never got to wear due to being almost a 10 pound baby at birth!
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I agree with the ones that said the no-scratch mittens, but my daughter always got socks off her hands too. So we got some outfits/gowns with the built-in hand covers and they were the best things ever! I would definitely buy more for future kids and recommend all moms with newborns have at least a few outfits like that. And yeah, the boppy pillow I didn't use as much as I thought I would- could've done without that. Oh and that whole health care kit w/ the medicine dropper, medicine spoon, etc. I never used either of those things, completely useless. Just buy a thermometer and baby nail clippers and the hospital gives you a nasal aspirator.
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 11:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Sorry, this is a little off your question. I used the boppy a lot at first when I was breast feeding cause I had a c-sec and did not have the strength to hold my son up to feed. I wanted to mention something that I loved and that I used a lot when my son was really little...it is a piece of foam that is used for bathing. I used it in the baby bathtub cause he slipped so much in the tub, with the foam thing (mine looked like a teddy bear) he did not slip and it was so much easier. Also very cheap so if you don't like it, you aren't out much. Also if you are trying to save money, and want a diaper Genie...only use it for poopy diapers. Also plastic bags work great for them if you don't want to use the Genie.
    lovinmymason

Answer by lovinmymason at 12:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Wipe warmer, Diaper Genie, monitor.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 12:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2009