my ex husband and I have a court order for visitation of our son, we do every other weekend and every other week in summer, he just informed me that his new wife says my son can only visit on dads off days. Is there anything I can do since it is a court order?

moMMyof4413

Asked by moMMyof4413 at 10:04 PM on May. 10, 2012 in General Parenting

• welcome to cafemom

iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 10:05 PM on May. 10, 2012

• HELLO! LOL
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:07 PM on May. 10, 2012

• That would put him in contempt of court I believe. Do you want the order amended?? You may get more child support if you have your son more often - this might change the stepmothers mind. Talk to your lawyer or someone in the family court.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:07 PM on May. 10, 2012

• tell his new wife to beep right off & mind her own beepin beezwax. court order is court order!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:07 PM on May. 10, 2012

• It just means you get your son more often, which isn't a bad thing. Dad is screwing up and is going to be missing out.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:09 PM on May. 10, 2012

• You want your son to spend time with a stepmom who clearly doesn't want him there?
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 10:10 PM on May. 10, 2012

• I agree, keep him with you when your ex is working, who wants that step monster to watch him if she doesn't want to,, perhaps you could go back to court, but there is no way I would dump my child off with that witch!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:12 PM on May. 10, 2012

• Well he would be in contempt of court by not taking him, but personally I would not want him there with a woman that says that without dad around. Currently what happens on the days that dad works? Why could that not continue?
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:14 PM on May. 10, 2012

• "....would dump my child off with that witch!" ~ Kimigogo

While I agree with your statement here I believe you mean Bitch.. 
    Witchcraft is a valid religious practice and I am sure you didn't mean this as a religious slur, correct?? 

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:17 PM on May. 10, 2012

• bitch don't want him don't send him

why is this so hard to figure out?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:20 PM on May. 10, 2012