Is it fair that I have two jobs?

I just thought of this last night. I was a waitress all throughout last semester, and just got a new day job. So now I work M - F business hours and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at my waitress job. Is it fair that I have 2 jobs when some people can't even find a job??

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 10:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sure it's fair. Good for you for being such a hard worker.
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 10:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• you have to do what you have to do to make ends meet. it's hard in these times, and if you didn't have two jobs someone else would. i understand feeling guilty though
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 10:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I have to have 2 jobs though, for me to work my day job it's $220 a week for my 2 kids daycare! Half my wage! I have to make that up somehow, and I need the experience from the day job to get better jobs in the future. My husband works too and goes to school. Yikes.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Yea you have to do what you need to for your family. That is what everyone is worried about. Just make sure your family has what they need.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It's totally fair...you're working hard to provide for yourself and your family. I know we're in a bad economy, but there are still jobs out there and it's up to those who want a job to search hard enough to find them. Kudos to you for working so hard!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• of course it is fair, you went out and got them, you deserve them!! Some people dont even try and for the others that really can't find a job, I am sorry for them, but there is nothing you can do to change it.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Hey, it's all about what you want to do... Anyone can find a job, if they really wanted to.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Sure it's fair. I have 3 and I'm not feeling guilty one bit. The 1st is my Home Day Care, the2nd is Crossing Guard at the High School around the corner for 1 hour 2x a day. My Mom watches the kids while I'm out and the 3rd I work as a photographers assistant on Saturdays and sometimes on Sundays....that's college money. You do what you gotta do : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Absolutely and don't let anyone make you feel guilty about it.
    MojitoMama

Answer by MojitoMama at 10:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• its fair.. i just know that with my core group of friends.. they dont want just any job.. some have kids and they are taking anything they can find.. while others are milking the system, and im thinking.. would you do this if you had kids.... i doubt it...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2009