does religion make you a better person?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQi96Fd5o8Q&eurl=http://www.cafemom.com/home/JulieJacobKyle&feature=player_embedded

very interesting video

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Absolutely not.

I can only speak for myself, but I became a much better person after I gave up religion and became agnostic.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I didn't watch the video but no, not always.
    Some people do change for the better when they get their morals in check and give their lives up to God and some people still struggle.
    Then there are a lot of people with morals who do not believe in God, the creator but still have morals.
    Anonymous

• watch the video it has a great comparison between different countries and the answer is not always
    Anonymous

• Does religion make you a better person? NO. Does God? yes. Most all of the people in America that "believe" in God, don't KNOW God at all, or they would be doing what He asks of us, which is Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself. If we actually lived life like that then, yes we would have morals.
    Anonymous

• No, Nope, No, Nope!!
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 11:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• no. I am a much nicer, more compassionate person then my Ex & he goes to church & I dont. He's a big asshole. Going to church hasnt fixed that!
    Anonymous

• lol....I agree with the third anonymouse answer.

I also laughed at the anon answer under LillizaJane because, I guess my husband could be like that too. He doesn't hate but he detests his child's mother.

But church and religion has nothing to do with it, it has to do with the fact she doesn't stop manipulating thier son, she doesn't stop lieing, she doesn't stop TRYING to use the courts to get back at my Husband for not marring her when she knew dang well they were two kids sleeping together (many yrs ago) a one night stand (not that it's a good thing) but she had no right to poke wholes in a condom, get preg. have her kid then run off to the other side of the country leaving their new born to be raised by my husband who was a teenager and didn't know anything about kids, he didn't even have a mother or anyone to help him. con't...
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 12:36 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• But now that we gave her custody (no the courts but us) she goes around lieing about all sorts of things making us look like bad ppl. and trying to make us look like liers.

She's sick and why shouldn't he detest a person like her?

He doesn't hate her, he prays for God to save her but he can't stand her charector she's a rotten person.

To prove my point.... She smoked the entire time she was preg with my step son. He has respitory issues because of it. We allowed him to go live with her, her BF made her quit smoking she got preg. with her second son and told her son (my stepson) she quit because she loved him. con't...
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 12:38 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Then she told my stepson that if his father loved him he'd quit too. Mind you my husband has done it ALL to try to quit even paying for hypnotherapy.

My stepson was convinced his father didn't love him because he wouldn't stop smoking.

Long story short she had her baby, and when the child wasn't even a week she put him in the court's daycare all day (when she supposedly breastfed him)never went once to see the poor baby, but she did all that so that she could go running from in side the court room to out side so she could go smoke. con't...
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 12:40 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• This video is nothing but trash. I think if the creator of this video is so impressed with the lack of religion blah... blah... blah of Japan and all these other countries, he should just pack up and move there.
    Oh... what the heck... I'm not even gonna get into it! everyone has their own opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2009