15 month old getting molars

My son just got his first molar in on the bottom and is now getting then on the top, Is this normal. He is 15 months(16 months on feb.5th)

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There is no set-in-stone schedule for babies to get teeth. Not all kids get teeth in the same order, or at the same ages. If it's the first set of molars (behind the eye teeth) it's slightly "late" according to what experts say. If it's the 2nd set, it's a little "early" - the 2nd set is called the 2 year molars because that's a typical time to get them, but some get them earlier, some get them later. My son is almost 2 and showing no signs of getting his anytime in the next couple of months.
    Anonymous

• Yep...my daughter got hers around that age.
    Anonymous

• Yep. The first year molars usually come in sometime after they turn one and the second year molars come in sometime after they turn two. But that's "usually".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My daugther is 13 months, almost 14 and all 4 molars have poked through, 2 all the way. The first one poked through right around when she turned 1.
    kt15jo

Answer by kt15jo at 11:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• yes my son just got one of his
    Michylyn

Answer by Michylyn at 11:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2009