vacation

what are your experiences with taking a five or six month old to the beach? was it okay? what did you bring or need?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I haven't taken my DD to the beach yet but I take a BIG umbrella you can stick in the sand so she doesn't burn. Put sunblock on her and just whatev er you feed her. I think it would be fine. Get them used to it. We just took our DD hiking at the mountains for the last two Saturdays. She loves it. Shes 5 months old. I put her in my Baby Bjorn and she falls asleep within 15 minutes then wakes up after about an hour and loves to look around. She sleeps so good after too. I think anything where you can take them outdoors is great! Good luck.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I thought it was pointless. The baby doesn't notice the beach except for eating sand and it made it impossible for anyone else to relax. Noone benefits. It is better to wait until the baby is older and can enjoy the beach...otherwise you are just cleaning out their digestive track and very possibly making them very angry. My son hated the sand and my daughter thought it was the tastiest thing she had ever had...The only thing I wished I had packed in the diaper bag was some valium for myself...lol
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2009