Clams for the seafoodphobic

With a few exceptions, I cannot stand shellfish or seafood. Mrs. Paul's fish sticks and crab rangoon (9 times out of 10 featuring imitation crab) are about as seafood friendly as I get. Shrimp makes me feel sick if I even smell it, let alone try to eat it. But then there's the stuffed mushrooms at Olive Garden, which I know contain clams, but I like them in spite of it.

There's a seafood place in town that gets rave reviews and we've always said we'll try eventually. With the idea that I actually don't really like seafood, is there another preparation of clams that focuses on the sweet rather than the seafoodness/fishiness?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:33 AM on May. 11, 2012 in Food & Drink

• Yes. Sushi. There are some fishes out there that have a sweet taste and some have a torched flavor. Albacore has a torched flavor, yellowtail is more sweet tasting.
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 7:14 AM on May. 11, 2012

• Fried clams and stuffed clams, are both good starts,, clamari would perhaps be something else for you to try,, stay away from raw oysters,, lol!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:09 AM on May. 11, 2012