TTC and Breastfeeding!?!?!?!

Okay, I am still nursing my 16 month old dd and I have my AF each month except each month I am starting 3-4 days later than the month previous. My husband and I are really wanting to conceive soon, but I don't know if it is possible with nursing or maybe something is wrong with my AF, since it is coming later each month. I used to start every single month on the 8th without fail, but now it is different! Can anyone help me?

mom2threegals

Asked by mom2threegals at 10:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• That is weird when I was breastfeeding my daughter my periods got just a few more days later each month. Then I went a month without getting one at all then a month and a half and then I hit 2 months without one and then I got it twice the next month and then everything was back to normal. Don't know why. My doctor said if I wasn't having any sort of issues then all that could be said is "women!" That our periods are very likely to change even month to month.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It is still possible for you to conceive. Especially now that your AF has returned. Have you tried charting and using predictors to know when you're ovulating? Also, your af can change from time to time. I don't think its anything to worry about. I can't say I've ever had a period start on the exact same day each month.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It is possible for you to just may take a bit longer since you are nursing. I wouldn't worry about it too much, I actually didn't start again with any of my kids that I nursed til they were about 16-18 months. Good luck to you and grats on nursing for so long
    cherbear3317

Answer by cherbear3317 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Since you're getting your period, you are ovulating, so breastfeeding will not have an effect on TTC. If it's consistently a few days later each month (i.e., if it starts on the 5th of one month, then the 8th of the next, then the 11th, etc.), then it's probably just that your "normal" cycle is a few days longer now than it was before you got pregnant, in which case you just need to adjust your TTC efforts a few days later to hit your ovulation time.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I stopped taking BC when my db was 5months and didn't get preg. until I weaned him off at 15months or so......sometimes when you only bf it helps with not getting preg. BUT not 100% for sure it depends on the women....for me I was exclusively bf and once I started weaning him bam I got preg. so it all depends.
    Joey07

Answer by Joey07 at 2:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2009