Help My baby ate dog poop.

know what to do. I set my 9 mnth olddown on the floor (which I do all the time) but I saw what I thought was a leaf and before I could reach it the baby had it in her mouth. So as i fish it out of her mouth I almost vomit when I found out it was dog poop. The floors are usually cleaned daily but it must of either fell off one of the dogs. We just moved out of state and are staying with my inlaws for while we are waiting our house to sell. They have 3 dogs and we have 2 (all yorkies) so yes 5 dogs. Im afraid to call the Dr. My two girls have both been sick lately, so we have been there alot lately, now this. I feel like a horrible mom. Has any one heard of this. Please help soon

leeh5

Asked by leeh5 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd rather call the doctor yet again than not call and have something bad happen.
    Anonymous

• She will be fine-My little girl ate her own poop and I started crying. I called a nurse at the office I worked at and she told me to take a picture lol.

But with all kidding aside she just told me to push fluids and take a wash cloth and clean her mouth well You're not a bad mom, believe it or not this happens more than you think.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't worry.
    It's not like she'll grow a tail.
    I agree with the Anon above me, just fluids and wash out her mouth.
    Dog poop is gross yes, but it's not like she ate mr. clean
    Anonymous

• I gave my dog worm medicine and it gave him the runny poops, well we didn't make it outside in time and all over the floor it went. Well as I am rushing to find something to clean it with my son decided that he needed to have a taste of that! Doc said to try and wand his mouth out good, but that he would be just fine. It's more gross more then anything.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 10:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• LMAO
    Anonymous

• Youre not a bad mom...when it rains it pours. People today are so freaked out by animals. when I was little my mom has a picture of me drinking out of our dogs bowl. People today would FREAK out at that. Im not saying its the same but just see if she starts showing signs of anyrthing or jsut take her if you are worried. You are NOT a bad mom. Crap happens and I love how everybody gives "anonymous" answers.:)lol
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• calliesmommie-I always post anon, whether its a question regarding dog poop or a question asking what is your favorite movie? I have never posted with my screenname, its just a personal choice:)
    Anonymous

• My daughter ate dog poop when she was about 10 months old, we were trying to figure bills and the reached under the baby gate and into the animal room ( we gated off the dog room so she couldn't get into the dog food or water) but the dog must have pooped close to the gate and she had it in her mouth. I started gagging and my husband started washing her mouth out and we had to give her a bath because she had smeered it all over her. And the doctor said she would be fine, maybe a slight tummy ache and give her something to drink like a milky product or water to help rinse her throat if she did happen to swallow any of it, but she was just fine.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Thanks everyone. I googled it and couldnt find anything. I makes me feel a bit better. I thought for sure this couldnt of happened to anyone else. At first I was going to type this Anony (cuz I didnt want anyone to know that this had happened to me) but I got typing and forgot :) But thanks again
    leeh5

Answer by leeh5 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• icky :p
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. The only thing I would worry about is the chance of worms... you might want to have you dogs checked for worms just in case (and if they find any, then talk to your doctor)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2009