Why does my son get rid, ithy, sometime bleeding spot on his private part?

Not sure why he get this...He itches all the time and it bleeds. I don't see a rash that is bumpy or anything but it gets red.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• sounds like your classic case of Jock Itch... it's a bacterial infection. wash all his underwear in bleach (color safe if he's got colored ones of course) and get some over the counter jock itch cream and apply it 2 or 3 times a day. and make him stop itching it, all that does is make it bleed.
    Anonymous

• how old is he? he's probably not washing himself good enough down there, if he's old enough to be washing himself.
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Make sure he is washing down there really good. My son gets red and sensitive if he doesn't wash good. You might have to help him. I hope thats all it is.
    jorandymom

Answer by jorandymom at 12:44 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Try throwing some vinegar in your wash water,he could be extra sensitive in that area and you may have to use different detergents for his clothes. Poor little guy...
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I could be a yeast infection. My son gets it sometimes, he eats a lot of carbohydrates that will turn into yeast and he can't keep his hands out of his pants either. I usually apply the same ointment or cream that I use for my yeast infections, Monistat. Usually one or two applications will make it better, however, you may want to mention to your pediatrition if you try that and the jock itch cream and it still doesn't get better. Also taking showers instead of baths helps too.
    mypookiesma

Answer by mypookiesma at 3:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2009