Ex's wife buying my son toys I don't approve of

My ex's wife bought my son a toy I don't approve of. I told her that I don't approve of that kind of toy and that while I understand that if my ex oks it, she can buy him whatever they want at my ex's home but don't send it home with him. I told her if they are send home with him again, I will through them away (my son doesn't even like them anyway). Well, the next time my son went over, he came home with another one of those toys. I threw it away and I called her and told her. I did buy my son a replacement toy that I approve of. She says I am disparaging her and my ex's relationship with my son (first of all there is nothing in the court order about disparaging the relationship with her, only my ex, second I feel that since it's my home, I should decide what goes in it). What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on May. 11, 2012 in General Parenting

• Why did you call her and tell her? You couldn't just put it up or throw it away and forget about it?

You went looking for drama and got it. That's what I think
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 7:53 AM on May. 11, 2012

• i think you told her once what would happen. there is no need to call and tell her you threw the toy away...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:03 AM on May. 11, 2012

• Any conversation you have about your son and his toys should have been directed to your ex ONLY. There is no reason to involve her at all. Call your ex and give him your list of non approved toys. If any of those come home simply throw them out.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:04 AM on May. 11, 2012

• I think you did go looking for drama.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:05 AM on May. 11, 2012

• I told her when she dropped him off. She has a son just younger then my son so I figured better give it back and maybe he can have it then throw it away. Also, if I never said anything, how would she knew? She might keep buying him these toys
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:12 AM on May. 11, 2012

• Why are you arguing with your ex's wife? Speak with your ex. It is very simple.
    iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 8:12 AM on May. 11, 2012

• Also, if I never said anything, how would she knew?

Speak to your son's father. I am sure he will speak with his wife.
    iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 8:15 AM on May. 11, 2012

• I seriously want to know what the toy was
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:16 AM on May. 11, 2012

• If you told her ahead of time that you would throw it, that is enough. Calling her afterwards and telling her you did it is just a bit conniving.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:18 AM on May. 11, 2012

• I think you are being disparaging towards them. The court order doesn't include her. Really? So it's okay to make her life hell? Grow up. At least for your sons sake.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:23 AM on May. 11, 2012