Ex's wife buying my son toys I don't approve of

My ex's wife bought my son a toy I don't approve of. I told her that I don't approve of that kind of toy and that while I understand that if my ex oks it, she can buy him whatever they want at my ex's home but don't send it home with him. I told her if they are send home with him again, I will through them away (my son doesn't even like them anyway). Well, the next time my son went over, he came home with another one of those toys. I threw it away and I called her and told her. I did buy my son a replacement toy that I approve of. She says I am disparaging her and my ex's relationship with my son (first of all there is nothing in the court order about disparaging the relationship with her, only my ex, second I feel that since it's my home, I should decide what goes in it). What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on May. 11, 2012 in General Parenting

• SMH
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 9:34 PM on May. 11, 2012

• I'm sorry, but since you didn't say that the toys were wiggi boards and tarot cards in your original post I don't really believe that's what toys they are. I think you said those things so everyone will think ex's wife is a crazy bitch and side with you. You're just just trying to start drama sweetie. Act like a grown up.
    janderson595

Answer by janderson595 at 9:13 PM on May. 11, 2012

• those, i don't think are considered toys. you can actually bring demons into your house or self by playing with a oujia board. seriously, that evil B needs to back off.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:38 AM on May. 11, 2012

• I wouldn't tolerate a wigi board or taro cards either, but a call to your ex asking why after we already discussed this did Johny come home with a wigi board and taro cards? would have been approapriate. No involvement of the wife. No keeping the crap in your house to send back. No replacement of the items. Just done. Without the drama.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 10:04 AM on May. 11, 2012

• I am still confused why you didn't put what she had purchased in your original question, I am suprised that anyone who knows about tarot and ouija boards would buy them for a child, and kind of don't believe it.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:58 AM on May. 11, 2012

• You've made it abundantly clear she has no legal right to anything. But just know it will get worse if you don't release the iron grip of possessiveness.

If you said they were ouija boards and tarot cards at the beginning it might have been an easier way to empathize with you. Those things are creepy. If I had a dime for every SM/BM who have similar stories over the years of making it sound like they are one upping the other I could buy this site.

Best thing to do would be to tell your ex it's great they are getting toys and stuff but have a list of accepted and unaccepted things. Communication is key and not possessiveness or the technicalities of a court document. That shouldn't be the standard of sensible parenting.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:36 AM on May. 11, 2012

• How old is your child?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:35 AM on May. 11, 2012

• You never throw those away! Never!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:15 AM on May. 11, 2012

• The toys were wigi boards and taro cards, I know she thinks they are just play but I take that stuff seriously.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:10 AM on May. 11, 2012

• Lzsarejman, how is not allowing my son to have a toy in MY HOME that I don't approve of making her life Hell? I was not saying that because I feel I SHOULD disparage her, just that she doesn't have the LEGAL right to do anything if I do.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:09 AM on May. 11, 2012