Last few weeks of school, wheww

anyone else EXHAUSTED? They're trying to cram so many acticities and stuff into these final week my head is spinning. I don't remember all this fluff from when i was in school

What are your kids up to?

My son (1st grade) had two field trips this week!!!! Today my daughter has an early release from school and from 11-12 is putting on a tea ceremony for me and all the moms/grandmas.

Next week they're tye dying shirts and another field trip and baking shortbread or something....

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:35 AM on May. 11, 2012 in

• Finally found out the date of the last day of school for ours. It will be June 14 at 11:30. I always look forward to the end of the school routine; I'm more excited than they are.
    The 1st grader has 3 field trips before the end of school
    The 2nd grader has 2 field trips. He is also being tested for the Gifted and Talented program because they find his way of thinking to be 'unique'. I'm not sure if this is good or bad.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:45 AM on May. 11, 2012

• my preschooler has 1 week left - they are not trying to fit much more in, thank goodness, but they had 2 field trips last week. my older kids have 2 weeks left, all of them have 1 field trip and an all-school track meet next saturday morning.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:16 AM on May. 11, 2012

• My older kids (7th and 8th graders) have been on overnight trips. DS1 has been gone all week and will come home tonight. DD just slept at school last night. They have nothing but projects and finals after today. Their last day of school is a trip to a local amusement park with the entire middle/high school.

My 1st grader had field day and early release yesterday. There is a Mothers Day tea this afternoon just before dismissal. They have something called Avid4 Adventure next week, and a rumored field trip the week after. And then it's the end of school. He's still irritated that he doesn't get an amusement park day with school yet. Oh well.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:07 AM on May. 11, 2012

• my kids are supposed to be tested to make sure they are ready for the next grade, but because my 1st grader past their check up test in the middle of the year they aren't going to test her anymore. my preschooler has two more days left and then she's out, and the other two get out at the end of the month. they can't wait.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:38 AM on May. 11, 2012