My 2 mos. old son has RSV, is there anything I can give for his coughing, he will start coaghing and can not stop.

Dawn1000

Asked by Dawn1000 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• His ped. should 've put him on a nebulizer. If not, I'd go see a different one!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 11:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I agree, I would ask for albuterol treatments for him.
    In the mean time humidifier in his room
    But there isn't anything else you can do for RSV... it's a nasty virus for young babies to have.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I was told to rub baby vick sav on the bottom of his feet and put a pair of socks on, this is to help with coughing
    Anonymous

• I've heard that buckwheat honey works, but I can't find any in my area to try it. The honey you get in the grocery store is clover honey, so you'd have to call a natural foods store to get it.
    Anonymous

• Both of the anon. posters are mis-informed. The vapo-rub does nothing but open their pores and does not help with a cough. You also are not to give honey to an infant,no matter what type it is,due to serious allergic reactions.
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 11:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• another thing to try is pat his back like ur burping him, then the sides and the front. this helps loosen the mucus. steamed showers, suction nose, nebulizer, and tylenol are the only things now days. a few yrs ago they had pedia care med for congestion for infants. but since they passed a new law, no one under the age of 6 is supposed to get ne decongestents bc it can cause something
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 8:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2009