Shooting pain tingling in the back of my thighs, butt & back??

I'm 28 weeks and have now experienced the 'down fall' of pregnancy. I am now getting these radiating shooting pains along my backside and legs and butt. They're almost cramp-like at times but I do stretch them out every day but it even hurts when I get up, lay down..anything it seems. I know this is normal but when will it go away? will it eventually fade within the week?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like your sciatic nerve. It can be a total pain in the butt... literally! Hot baths, heating pads, and some tylenol can help relieve the pain. If it gets too bad, you can ask the doctor for some pain meds that are safe for the baby. I had to take those a few times when it got too out of control for me to handle and I falling down crying in pain.
    Anonymous

• that's normal, it's the baby pressing on your sciatic nerve. try getting on your hands and knees so that gravity pulls baby off of it.

sorry, but other than that, no help. no it doesn't just go away... at least not until birth.
    Anonymous

• I got them too when I was pregnant. Your pelvis is shifting and pinching a nerve. Something like that. It will get better after the baby is born =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2009