sippy cups

my daughter is almost a year and I cant get her to drink from one or drink juice or anything like that any ideas how to help her drink from a sippy cup? she acts like she getting it to fast

soldierswife11

Asked by soldierswife11 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just a lil worried cus I know lots of parents with 6 or 7 month old kids that drink from them-
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Try a different sippy that has a slower flow
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• She may be taking to much, but she will learn to use it right. My son would try and drink to fast, but he had to learn to change the way he drank. Just give her it during the day, if you give her a bottle at night then let her keep it at night, so its not to much at once.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 11:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I'm trying to move my 8 month old baby to a sippy. He likes it. I'd just gradually introduce it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• it just takes time for them to get use to the sippy cups. I give one to my 5 month old once a day with a tiny bit of water or baby juice so he gets use to it. He likes to chew on it more than anything but that way he connects the cup with something to drink. he is advanced for his age though, can sit up all by himself and hold the cup pretty well.
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My son never took a sippy cup. Try a cup with a straw. That's what he did for the longest time until he learned how to drink from a cup like an adult really well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You should try different sippy cups, we had to try several before our son was comfortable with one. but once he got the hang of it he could use several kinds. I think you have to find the right combination of the part they actually drink from (the mouth piece) and the flow of the juice coming out. Good luck!
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2009