Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do?

ok, my bf and I have a 7mo, Im 17, he's 18. My dad claims me and my son on his taxes, and he got 1000 back for him, well hes giving us 500, and before I even said anything about it, my bf says "man what can I do with my half?" he's making plans to go the mall and blow it, and our son has been growing like a weed, and needs clothes. So i said well how about we split it in 3 parts. That way Brycen can use his part on clothes. I tried to explain that to him. But he won't listen.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • My first thought was when I file my daughter and her son, I dont give her a dime because I provide living, food, clothing, pampers, milk and etc year round. Im the one working and taking care of things. Why do you feel your boyfriend should get any part of the money. The refund is based on the child. It is for who supports and takes care of the child. Whether he gets mad or not I wouldnt care my son would come first. If hes thinking about shopping for himself wow he has some priorities to get in order. If he is 18 is he working to file his own taxes? I would definitely take into consideration having full custody in your name as well because when he is working he can attempt to file your son and blow the money. You are entitled to the money not him. He is not a member of the household or primary provider.

    Answer by VaDivaMom at 1:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

  • When your dad gives you the money, just hand $167 over to your bf.

    Answer by erlsk at 11:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • there ya go!

    Answer by TheShryocks at 11:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • No way!! You need to keep that money for your son. There's no way I'd give any of it to your BF! I'm sure you have found out how expensive babies are, your BF needs to be more responsible and do what's best for your son. You are not obligated to give him any of that money, what a blessing your dad is in giving it to you! I really think you need to just set your BF straight and inform him that that money is to provide for your son, not his shopping excursion. Then put it into the bank to be used solely for your son. (Of course that's just my opinion!)


    Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • Why would the boyfriend even get any? Let him get a frickin job and be responsible. I would have your dad just spend the money on your son... don't let the bf get his scummy hands on that money!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

  • he doesn't deserve any of it. That was your dad's tax money, he claimed his family (you and his grandson) the money is for YOU TWO! Tell bf to file his OWN taxes!!

    Answer by MammaMia72 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2009