He is on a nebulizer every 4 hour, but still coughing....

My2 mos old has RSV

Dawn1000

Asked by Dawn1000 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It can take a while after being on breathing treatments for symptoms to stop. I have heard that the cough may increase before it gets better.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 12:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Call your doctor ASAP! My son went from a cold and barely wheezing to being hospitalized. My sons breathing always gets better before the treatment is even finished. I noticed our 1 1/2 yr old was wheezing a bit on top of having a cold and within a couple of hours he was hospitalized with RSV. The doctor said if we had waited through the night it couldv'e gotten severely worse. Our son is perfectly healthy but his first year we had a few scares with RSV, pneumonia and such. We've had to rush him to the ER at 5am for a severe fever out of nowhere, you just never know when they are that young the tiniest thing can be too much for them. Don't take any chances, get your baby checked out, again if you've already been to the doctor. Hopefully it's nothing to be alarmed about, and at least you will have peace of mind. Hope your baby gets better!
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 12:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• HOw long has he been on the neb? My son used one for his first four years. Is he sucking in more than usual in his neck area right in the from? Or under his lowest chest bone? If so, that's a good reason to call the doctor, those are a sign of breathing distress. If it's just a cough and it hasn't gotten worse let the neb have some time to work. Sometimes it would take my son's cough a few days to go away. I hope your little guy feels better
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• That should say right in front, not right in from.  It's too early...

Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 28, 2009