Does anyone find a pedometer useful?

CaLiMaMom

Asked by CaLiMaMom at 12:34 AM on May. 12, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, if you're an avid runner/walker and participate in organized sports that require good timing.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:41 AM on May. 12, 2012

• I did when I was working because I was on my feet all the time. I easily walked 18,000 steps a day.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:06 AM on May. 12, 2012

• Not really, if you even move your foot it registers as a step.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:16 AM on May. 12, 2012

• I did when I was trying to prove a point. I was on my feet all day at a pediatric practice and we were on call. I started at 8 that morning and didn't leave until 10 that night. I walked about 10 miles that day. That is where my SO got off my back when I complained that I was exhausted and my feet hurt. I honestly can't believe that I did that, but we had a TON of sick kids that day.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:38 AM on May. 12, 2012

• Yes cause I have a sit down job and read that walking 10,000 steps a day meant a person was active, so I started wearing one, noticed I was not getting close to that many steps, than started changing habits and eventually everyday I am pass 10, 000 steps.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:19 PM on May. 13, 2012

• yes
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:04 PM on May. 13, 2012

• Not sure if it helps but I wanted to get one to see how much I walked in addition to my evening walks.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 2:06 PM on May. 22, 2012