What can I do with my baby when showering?

My baby is 9mos old and is crawling. I do not have a playpin but I got kind of creative and put him in a huggies box with his leap frog table, slanted so he could reach. He is doing great but when I turn the water on and shut the curtain he strts crying until I am finished. I hate having him cry, it is so heartbreaking, andhe just sounds too sad. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to make him more at ease with me showering.
****This only started happening like a couple weeks ago and he is great at his bath time, so I am not sure what is oin on with him.

dmeh23

Asked by dmeh23 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i used the bumbo seat for my son, he couldnt get out of it. i just put him in that in the bathroom with me and a few toys on the floor. he didnt seem to mind.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Take a bath instead and talk/play with him while you wash up. This works well for me.
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I sat them in a bouncy chair and let them place with that. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I used to sing to dd while I showered. If he has a favorite song sing it while you shower. You can also try playing peek-a-boo for a little bit after you get in the shower, sticking your face out every so often saying boo, he'll think it's just a big game.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:06 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I stuck my kids in the bottom of the tub while I showered with a few toys to play with. They were where I could keep my eye on them and they were happy. My 2 year old daughter still gets in the shower with me.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I would just put him in the shower with me. I've showered with all my babies since the day they came home. It's slowly worn off but I've been adamant that my showering would always be one thing that I would NOT put off for the baby.

The bumbo seat and bath time for you are awesome idea's!
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Bathe with them. It can be fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I put our son in his bouncy seat and just sat it in the bathroom floor on a blanket or a towel. If that doesn't work, sounds like bathing with the baby might be a good solution too.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• my son is like this too. what i do sometimes is if you have a baby bath fill that up and put it at the back of the shower and just take your shower that way he can have fun in the tub and you can get yourself clean too.
    youngmommi2be

Answer by youngmommi2be at 12:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i bathe with him or put him in his bouncy seat and play peek-a-boo with the shower curtain. i also have a floursecent pink dora shower curtain (courtesy of my 4 year old) and he is mesmerised by it. makes shower time much less stressful.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2009