Toothbrush for my Year old

My son is 15month and I am still using the rubber tooth brush to brush his teeth. He also chews sometimes on a normal toothbrush. My son has molars so i was wondering is the rubber toothbrush still ok to use or should i start actually brushing his teeth with a normal toddler toothbrush?

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd switch so he gets used to it. Remember to use flouride free toothpaste until he is about 4 - he needs to be able to spit and to know he shouldn't swallow.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I never used the rubber one. we got a reg. bursh fromthe dentist at one year (she got her first tooth then). She loves to chew on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i recently asked my dentist about brushing my sons teeth who is also 15mths and has a mouthful. he told me to just use water no toothpaste whatsoever because they just swallow it, and i use a reg. toothbrush just smaller and he actually can brush his teeth by himself pretty well because he got use to me teaching him.
    LJS29

Answer by LJS29 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i use the oral b stages toothbrushes. they work well. i started using those at around 4 months.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2009