Toothbrush for my Year old

My son is 15month and I am still using the rubber tooth brush to brush his teeth. He also chews sometimes on a normal toothbrush. My son has molars so i was wondering is the rubber toothbrush still ok to use or should i start actually brushing his teeth with a normal toddler toothbrush?

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Kids' Health

• You can switch to the reg toothbrush... FYI my son is almost 3 and he still chews on the bristles. lol. But I tell him to say EEEEEEeeeee and that makes him stop biting until he cant resist again. They have a Thomas the Train that sings the theme song (at walmart) for only a few dollars. It's cute. good luck
    LuvnIt2

Answer by LuvnIt2 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I would go ahead and switch to the toddler one. Keep the rubber one or buy a second new one for him to hold and chew on and try to brush with while you prepare the other. He will feel like he is helping and it will eventually help him learn to brush himself.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009