What is the best thing to help your child get through teething?

I have tired everything anyone has ever suggested to me. I tried oragel, tylenol, cold things, warm things, rubbing the tooth, teethers. Nothing works. Any suggestions Moms? And please no one say brandy or any other form of alcohol because its not gonna happen.

youngmommi2be

Asked by youngmommi2be at 12:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The Hyland Teething Tablets saved my life!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Those worked for me to. Also it helped my son to chew on everything. So I bought teething rings and wash clothes for him to chew on. He loved the teething rings cold but not frozen and the rags just cold water.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i agree with the first post hyland's teething tablets they're homiopathic and work great. you can find them at walmart by the pacifiers. they come in a blue and pink box. i also got my son some razbaby teething binkies. they are awsome too. here is the link to them

walmart.com/category/product.do?product_id-8832437. you can only order them online though, they dont have them in any stores. but walmart will do site to store shipping which is awsome...
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• lol, don't you love when they tell you alcohol? Crazy...
    Did you ever try the teether tablets? I crush 2 in my daughters mouth and I notice a change in her within 30 minutes. There are different brands.. Little Teethers I'm using now... I've used Humphreys that other people gave me.. both work just the same.
    LuvnIt2

Answer by LuvnIt2 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I love Humphreys Very Cherry Teething Pellets, they are awesome and they are good for sleeplessness too. We get them at Walmart...

Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 1:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• the teething tablets that everyone is talking about worked great. as for the oragel that you said you tried, i was told not to use it b/c it makes the gums harden and that makes the little on suffer even more. i know that it may seam like a quick way to relieve it but think about the paint that it causes when the numbness wears off. My daughter has 2 full teeth at 6 months old i gave her the tables that you can get at wal-mart and i also got her a teething buddy. it is hard to explain but it looks like a bunny and one corner has a rubber nubby peice on it and it feels like a blanket but it is like a bunny head with a skirt looking thing i will try to get a pic of one she had a bunny a duck and a bear.
    tlc2008ppm

Answer by tlc2008ppm at 4:50 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• An old aunt said they would use pure vanilla extract.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• When my kids were toddlers and getting their molars, I did this -

I gave them frozen green beans to chew on. Now, you have to watch them when you do this, and my sil (whose kids are in the baby and toddler age range now), has this really cool little mesh bag thing with a ring in it similar to a pacifier that you can open and put the food in there, like apple wedges, etc. Then, you let the baby chew on it through the mesh, that way, they get the hardness on their teeth, they get the nutrition of whatever it is they're chewing on (if it's frozen, then it's cool on their gums as well), and, if you use the mesh bag, you don't have the choking hazard.

However, like I said, this is really more for older babies / toddler age, not so much for the really little ones that are getting their first teeth.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:19 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• if you are nursing you can freeze some breastmilk in ice cube trays and then place one in those mesh bags and let them gnaw on that or a wet wash cloth then freeze it hope this helps
    gracelynmommy

Answer by gracelynmommy at 6:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• someone gave my son a chettio puff it kept him quiet for 10 mins!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Jan. 28, 2009