Do you agree with this article about relationships in CNN?

It says: A mature relationship doesn't begin until after you get through the disappointment in your partner.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/personal/01/27/o.after.beginning/index.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I think I'd have to agree to that statement.

it's not a real relationship if you expect your SO to change just because you told them to. Accept their flaws or move on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Hi! In my opinion, I think that it's true. Relationships are tested. Conflicts of couples may bring disappointment or approval depending on how you give in one another or how you treat each other's views. And once you get through the disappointment in your partner, you begin to mature gradually. You become selfless.
    Bedelina

Answer by Bedelina at 12:51 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I totally agree with that, I think at some point people forget that you don't really get to know someone until you have to 'go through it all' together, and that can lead to some disappointment when we realize that our chosen partner doesn't always handle things the way we think or do things we don't agree with, I also believe this is a big reason for being unfaithful, honestly I think cheating on your SO has little to do with a sexual thing and more to do with dealing with the disappointment you have from your partner. Really it all boils down to if you truly love your SO then you learn to accept them for what and who they are flaws and all, and they do the same for you.

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:01 AM on Jan. 28, 2009