Is there anything to do for my 9 month old? I think she has belly cramps? I also think it is a stomach bug?

well my 4 year old was sick from Tuesday til yesterday she is acting fine now. She had a temp of up to 103.1 and had diarrhea and threw up a couple times. Well yesterday my 9 month old started throwing up and slept all day, but maybe half an hour to an hour of the whole day. She had no fever or anything well today she has been litterly sleeping all day has not been out of her room at all. I mean when she does wake up she drinks some gatorade and goes back to bed (she wont take formula, but figured that was no big deal as long as I keep her hydrated) anyway she started diarrhea this morning and she has a temp of 101.6 I gave her tylenol because you could tell she was in pain she would sit up, but lean over like far over her feet. So after giving her tylenol it was an hour and her temp didn't budge at all a cool bath didn't make it budge either. I know you don't have to worry about a temp that low, but figured it would have moved with tylenol anyway i feel so bad cause I think she is having belly cramps. She isn't throwing up anymore though since yesterday just the fever, diarrhea and the sad looks lol. i get her out to lay her down to change her diaper she lays there and if I don't pick her up she just lays there I feel so bad. Is there anything I can do or anything else I can give her to make her tummy feel better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on May. 12, 2012 in Kids' Health

• Call the pediatricians after hours line or take them to urgent care.

Chamomile tea is great for soothing the stomach.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:02 PM on May. 12, 2012

• i use a lil baking soda on the tounge for the tummy problems with all 4 of my kids...nvr failed me yet in 17 yrs but i agree with MomMom23 if u are worried call a local nursing station
    LumpyPrincess

Answer by LumpyPrincess at 7:32 PM on May. 12, 2012

• Have you called the doctor yet? I know that a temp 101 isn't incredibly high and usually isn't recommended to see the doc at that point but they do suggest seeing the doctor if the child is acting very lethargic, which I would say yours is, as you explained how she just lays there and has been sleeping alot.
    I would also try Pedialyte as it's made for babies (maybe gatorade is the same stuff, I just don't know).
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 12:51 PM on May. 12, 2012

• she lays there as if she doesn't want to move, but if I talk to her she will smile and things, just wont get up. I don't know I always tried gatorade because I found it worked i also think it is cheaper than phidalite so that is why I used gatorade I thought it was the same stuff.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:56 PM on May. 12, 2012

• I would call a nurse line, they'll tell you what you can do and whether or not you need to take your baby to urgent care.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 6:32 PM on May. 12, 2012