Question for pagan moms.

I really like stone work and candle work, and I've been trying to come up with something that would make me feel better about my pregnancy, which is high risk, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about what stones or candle spells would, at the very least, calm me down. I usually write my own spells but lately, on this issue, I'm drawing a blank. I did come across a spell to prevent miscarriage, but it just didn't feel right to me. So what do you think ladies?

heratyc

Asked by heratyc at 12:55 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm in the same boat with high risk pregnancy but I don't often use stones or candle work so I can't help you there.

I'm using a daily affirmation...that I will carry to full term., as delivering pre-term is my biggest risk.
    I also do a twice monthly healing meditation visualization. I ground, meditate, gather energy and cleanse my body of negativity and then surround my body with healing energy; ground and release. I spend about a half hour in meditation and it's very relaxing.

Perhaps something along these lines would help you out as well.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• lemme check my Book of Shadows
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:15 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Never second guess seeing your doctor. If you think you should see your OB then see them right away. Now as for just sitting around. You can simply rub an amber stone and it will calm you down. Just the sheer motion of rubbing the smooth brown stone will help calm your nerves. I wouldn't do any special breathing exercises either. Just breathe normally and rub the stone. Please go see your OB for anything, let them know you are nervous.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I second pmwmom, see your OB when you feel the need, even if it is not a regular scheduled appointment.
    When I was pregnant with my son, I was told that the pregnancy was high risk, so I know how stressful it is. What I used to do is hum or say "aum" so that I could feel it in my belly... I know it isn't candle or stone work, but still wanted to share.
    In choosing a candle then use a color that represents health/healing to you and meditate on that. You could also place some amethyst or clear quartz stones on your altar (or wear them in a pouch) what ever makes you the most comfortable.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 2:25 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• When I gave birth I was VBACing unassisted so I was really nervous too.Coral is especially protective for moms and babies bc it represents the mothers menses and it comes from the ocean (the womb).I did something akin to a knot spell but using beads instead. (Beading can be incredibly therapeutic bc since you have to focus on what you are doing its almost like meditating.) I took coral and silver beads (to represent the moon and its goddesses which tend to be protective ones) and a bone amulet that had an ouroborus on it shaped round like a full moon. (Though any protective symbol would work and honestly you should use what you feel draws you.)
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 7:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• With every bead you string you say some sort of mantra while pouring your energy into it. ("In this birth I am protected and safe, In this birth my baby is safe.) You can also incorporate numerology in and string the beads using a number that is protective. (9 beads then 3 then 9 then 3). We also did a spell asking kwan yin and other protective and childbirth dieties to guard and guide us. You can also find a small crocodile figurine and empower it with protective energy. Face the crocodile away from where you are birthing. Ancient egyptians did this as the crocodile was believed to have guarded isis while she gave birth. Lavendar is good for relaxing just breathe deeply and try to release stress. Also as a practical measure I would recommend hypnobirthing. It allowed me to have a pain free labor and is based on learning to rid yourself of fear before the labor. Good luck and blessed be.
    NightOwlMama

• By the way I didnt mention that my beads were strung into a necklace which I wore during labor. (And it really really worked.) Oh and unakite and ruby are also supposed to be good for child birth.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 7:58 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I used Lava Rock!

I associate volcanos with birth...c'mon...it's Mother Earth giving birth to new land!  So obsedion or even the lava rock used for landscaping will do.  (Just be sure to ask the Goddess Pele's permission to take one of her rocks...leaving a gift for Her would be better!) 

Bless these stones according to your path, and ask the Lady to watch over and protect you and the baby.  Keep them in a special bag or box with you in the L&D room. 

I, too, had necklace of "Birthing Beads" like Owl above...but mine were a cheap $1 strand..and that's OK.  The strand was long enough to be tied into a knot around my neck...and then untied as DD was being born. 

cont...

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• And with Candlemagick...I have found it heplful when making, preping, and blessing the candle to visualize the end result:  an healthy pregnancy, followed by a healthy L&D, and ending in a healthy baby. 

Your basic 7 Day Candle Spell consists of choosing or making a taper candle of green (for health) or light blue (for hope) or white (for purity, joy, or just generic good will).  Bless and dress the candle according to your path.  Carve 6 lines around the candle in equal incriments to make 7 sections.  Each day for a week, (preferably during a Waxing Moon for growth) light the candle and meditate on the end result.  Let the candle burn down to the line you carved and repeat each day, burinin one section per day. 

And as also stated above...you need to DO THE WORK as well.  See your doc.  Take cae of yourself.  etc.ect. 

Blessed BE!!

MamaK88

• http://www.spellspot.com/CandleProps.asp
    found this site that gives a list of what each candle is suppose to represent.
    And also this site for pregnancies.
    http://www.morespells.com/fertilityspellsspell.htm
    you can also try meditation to help relieve some stress…
    sorry, it’s been a long time since I practiced Wicca.
    good luck!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2009