Warrant and a New Job???

A few years ago I got a ticket for speeding. I am a single mom paying for school and kept pushing it off because other things came up. Well now this small speeding ticket has turned into a warrant since I still havent paid it. I KNOW I need to and I will... I just want to know if something like this will pop up on a criminal background check that my new work is doing.

I am going to pay it... so thats not what I need to hear I am just asking a question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I DONT THINK SO
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:01 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• if there is a warrant probably so...im not sure though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• if there is a warrant and they do an indepth check, yes it will show up.

and if it shows up the employer has an obligation to call it in and give them your current address as on your application.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yes it will, don't risk it. It is a background check...so that involves criminal info.I was getting a car last month,and one guy couldnt leave one because they pulled his credit and noticed he had a warrant. They wouldnt even let him lease,I was shocked they could pull up all that info...so don't risk it.Maybe have a friend loan you the money and go pay it, don't go in and pay it yourself though because they will hold you there;at least they do in Oklahoma.They will arrest you right there.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 1:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• YES! If there is a warrant out for your arrest, it most certainly will show up in your background check.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:40 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I would think a warrant would definately pop up in a background check. GOOD LUCK hopefully you can get this cleared up soon,.
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 10:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2009