Two Gay Christians debate whether or not homosexuals should marry or lead a life of celebacy

Not a question, just posting for anyone who's interested -

When it comes to gay Christians, there's one question that causes more debate than any other:  Does God bless gay relationships?  Or are gay Christians called to lifelong celibacy?

At GCN, we have members on both sides of this "great debate," and some who just aren't sure.  And though this issue is hotly debated among Christians worldwide, we've decided not to debate it here.  However, in the interest of discussion and dialogue about this very important subject, two of our members have written opposing essays expressing their very different points of view.

On "Side A" is Justin's essay; Justin believes that God blesses same-sex marriages.

On "Side B" is Ron's essay; Ron believes that God calls gay Christians to lifelong celibacy.

Both Justin and Ron are gay Christians, but they have very different views about sex, relationships, and the Bible.  Whether you agree with Justin or with Ron (or perhaps with neither!), you can feel welcome here.

But how is it possible for Christians with such differing views to live together in community?  Just ask Tony and Peggy Campolo.  Tony is a well-known Baptist minister who believes (as Ron does) that homosexual relationships are forbidden in the Bible.  His wife Peggy disagrees, and supports her gay friends and their marriages.  You can listen to Tony and Peggy talk about how they deal with it by clicking here.

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 1:26 PM on May. 12, 2012 in Religious Debate

• HMNM...girl, smh.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:52 PM on May. 12, 2012

• I'm sick of seeing and hearing about Gays! It's wrong!

Then stop opening questions with the word "gay" in the header.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:02 PM on May. 12, 2012

• then why should any homosexuals be called to marry?

They should have the freedom to choose just like everyone else...and they don't.

Answer by older at 5:06 PM on May. 12, 2012

• They should have the freedom to choose just like everyone else...and they don't.
    -
    At this point I'm talking about the politics, I agree that free will affords them the right to make that decision, I'm talking about the Biblical view of marriage. I'm talking about the religious aspect of this issue, not the political. If God has only called certain heterosexuals to marry, and calls yet other heterosexuals to a life a singleness - AND CALLS THAT A BLESSING, then why is it so abhorrent to you, that God may also be called homosexuals to a blessed life of singleness?
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 5:12 PM on May. 12, 2012

• be calling*
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 5:13 PM on May. 12, 2012

• . I'm talking about the religious aspect of this issue,

Only if you believe in the Bible and it's abomination issue does it count as religious, the whole world does not revolve around the Bible and, there is no BLESSING in being alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 5:33 PM on May. 12, 2012

• the whole world does not revolve around the Bible
    -
    Which is why I quoted from the Gay CHRISTIANS Network, and the not Alliance for LGBT.

there is no BLESSING in being alone
    -
    So are you calling God a liar when He said that there is blessing in singleness?
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 5:42 PM on May. 12, 2012

• -Eilish- the God I believe created us we a need for love and closeness and even intimacy, taking this away would make him a hateful God, and that is something he is not......

Answer by older at 5:45 PM on May. 12, 2012

• taking this away would make him a hateful God, and that is something he is not......
    -
    So are you calling God a liar who said that there is blessing in singleness? Blessing even that married couples don't get to experience by virtue of the fact that they are married?
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 5:47 PM on May. 12, 2012

• Human nature is to have a partner and share a life.....I can't call God a liar because I don't believe for a minute that a loving God would think being alone is a good thing..sorry......

Answer by older at 6:02 PM on May. 12, 2012