SAHM's how do you manage your day?

Do you spend your entire day cleaning or playing and teaching your kids? Have you been able to find a happy medium? I haven't! lol Some days my house is spotless and some days it looks like a bomb has gone off! My kids are happy none the less. I would much rather spend my day's with the kids playing and having good quality time with them. DH works shifts so on days when he's home I'd rather let him have some great one on one time with the kids and clean during that time. In a perfect world! Never seems to work out that way! BTW doing stuff during nap time is not really an option as my 9 month old is on a different schedule than my 3 yr old who still naps and my 4 yr old who rarely naps but still has quiet time in his room while his sister is sleeping. Night time I crash!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am not sure how things are gonna be when the baby comes but right now I only do light cleaning when the kiddos are awake and spend the day with the kids or running errands and then when they do to bed is when I do my major cleaning as I call such as the bathroom and mopping and then its me time. It works great.
    Mommyofthree691

Answer by Mommyofthree691 at 1:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• morning is play time :)
    during naps is "me time" it's when I get things done on the computer or do my other crafts I can't do with the kiddos up
    then some more playtime before dinner
    daddy takes over for bath time and getting in to PJs
    after kiddos are in bed is when I clean
    then some more "me time" lol like right now I'm on cafemom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Well mine is only 4 months and she won't get on a schedule no matter how hard I try..but one day I would love one pretty similar to 1st post.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:07 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• my son is 6 months old, and he takes two two hour naps.. during those times, i either take a nap, or i clean house, bills, laundry etc, and then when he gets up, we play.. my time online has been getting less and less as he gets older.. we read books, play with his flash cards or work on some of his sign language.. my bf doesnt care if our home is messy some days, cause he knows that i have been playing with the boy more and more.. and when my mom gets off work, she comes and gets us, and we go to the gym and work out and the boy goes to day care at the gym... its great!
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My kids are 4, 10, and 11, and we have a decent schedule worked out. My 4 year old is in preschool from 8-10:30 AM. I either spend this time cleaning, or if there's nothing major to be done, this is me-time. I pick her up and then on Monday/Wednesday she has gymnastics at the Y from 11:50-12:35. Other days, we spend this time talking about her morning and watching something on TV together. Lunch around 12:45-1:00 depending on the day. 1:00-1:30 she is allowed to play a computer game while I do some more cleaning. 1:30-2:30 she usually naps. If not, then we will play something. Monday and Wednesday afternoons my kids have classes at the Y from 4:00-5:20. Then home to cook dinner, get baths, and get ready for bed. After they go to bed, I sit with my hubby and relax, either reading a book, playing on CM, or watching television/movies. It's working great for me!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:42 AM on Jan. 28, 2009