A Baby in the White House

Please no drama and no bashing because I'm not even an Obama fan. But I was thinking this is the fist couple in my lifetime that is young enough to potentialy have a baby in the white house and it lead me to think it would be very cool to have a baby born durring their father's 4 yr.s in office. That baby, I think, would def be in the history books as the first baby ever born in the White House, and even cooler if she decieded to go with an in home birth...

What do you ladies think? Would it be cool to have a baby in the white house?

Happ-eToBme

Asked by Happ-eToBme at 1:00 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it doesn't matter as a baby in the white house has no effect on anyone except for the effect people let the media have on their lives. who cares? President Obama and his wife want to have another baby? Good for them! I'd be as happy for them as I would be any expectant family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• yeah that would be pretty cool. ecspecially for the kid to go aroun bragging he was born in the white house lol.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• oh baby obama would be a big deal. I just told DH today that if the Bush's got two presidents the Obamas definitely should get 2!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• hey its history in the making why not just add a little more too it...
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• That would be soo awesome. Especially if it was a homebirth. That would be SUCH a boost to the homebirth movement! :P

Plus I think it'd be a little cool to see a baby grow up through the years that he's in office.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• To the last anon...Me too. I think it bee cool to rack the baby as it grows. walks etc... I can't imagine what it would feel ike to take your first walk in the white house, laugh your first Christmas, I don't knwo it seems so cool. I have never had a home birth but would love one. And think it would be so cool if there was one in the white house.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 1:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Actually there have been over 20 children born IN the white house (one actually the child of a president-Grover Cleveland) I believe the last President to have a child born while he served as President was JFK but the baby unfortunately died as an infant.

So it wouldn't be historic, sorry.
    MojitoMama

Answer by MojitoMama at 1:36 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yes your right but I said in my life time, so no offence , so it would be historic for me since I wasn't born until the early 80's...
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 2:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• sure it would. it would be the first black baby.
    sweetdarm

Answer by sweetdarm at 2:25 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, that was funny sweetdarm...lol I didn't even think of that, oh wait I took it some where else...My bad! lol As in the first Lady, first black baby...Never mind...
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 2:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2009