Home made spray that kills lice on furniture

my 6 yr old came home with lice. I am treating everything with hot water, but I have maroon colored couches ( my mil's actually) and I don't really want to stain them or turn them a different color. I would love suggestions on what I could use that would treat the lice but not turn the couches colors. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on May. 12, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Try the lice spray they sell in store on an inconspicuous spot. Otherwise you should be able to rid the couch of them with a good vacuum. Either way- vacuum EVERYTHING. :( Good luck! We had cycles of lice for a few months. I had to bag and store every toy, pillow and blanket in the house.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:21 PM on May. 12, 2012

• For prevention, mix 50% olive oil, 25% tea tree oil and 25% rosemary essential oil

Answer by rkoloms at 4:50 PM on May. 12, 2012