• In the Spotlight:

fussyness

my baby is now 3 weeks old and is seeming to be more fussy...he will cry and i cant figure out why...is this normal

ashlei_kay

Asked by ashlei_kay at 1:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he may be teething
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• some babies are born with them even so its possible even if you dont see them yet
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Is he having a growth spurt and not getting enough to eat?my boys were eating more every few weeks. or its possible he has gas if he isnt getting burped enough some babies will burp way more then you would ever think possible, my son would burp and fart forever at that age, and he would scream till i got it all out , it would take me an hour sometimes to get him to be confy and happy again.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:34 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• yes it is normal. Some babies will just cry for no reason at all. If you have tried everything and its not helping then there might not be anything you can do. Some babies just need to let it out. Also remember that it could also be gas...my daughter is three weeks old as well and when she gets gas she just screams and screams and there is nothing I can do to calm her.
    I hope this helped. :)
    ArmyWifeNewMom

Answer by ArmyWifeNewMom at 1:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yup. Quite normal. If he is pulling his legs up, it could be gas. If it seems to be gas, playtex drop-in bottles would help until they are about three months old. Just make sure you push the air out of the bottle. And make sure they are taking in enough formula. My son was taking 4oz every 2-3 hours this age. And burping your baby well. If this doesn't improve, just counsult your child's pediatican.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 1:58 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• this is something that a lot of babies go through. some dr. call it collic you can do nothing for them really you just have to reassure them that you are right there and you always will be. babies are known to have a type of separation anxiety and they need the person that they spent the last 9 months with. just show him that you love him and will always love him it will pass. good luck
    tlc2008ppm

Answer by tlc2008ppm at 4:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My baby did this come to find out she was lactose intolent, we switch her formula to soy, Presto
    like a new baby, also the dr said deal with it probably colic, my mother told me to try soy couldn't
    hurt it was the best thing I did. Hope this helps worth a try////////
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2009