no sleep, is that bad for babay?

Iam 29 weeks pregnant and I find it very hard to go to sleep at night. I try to lay on my side which is the most uncomfortable way to lay at night ( well for me atleast) my idestarts to hurtbathen Itry to lay on the other side then that side starts to hurt. Then theres my private area which feels like some one kicked me in and that hurts the worse I used to love sleeping on my stomach now I can't. well since i can not sleep every night I am up, up doing things like washing, cooking, cleaning , or even watching boring informmercials...boringggggg,,, nothing seems to put me to sleep and before I know it there goes the sun peeking, then its time to start the ay , well for most but My day neever ended I still continuing my day.. So is there any hope left? I mean i get no sleep nowwhat will i do when the baby comes? I know i wont get any rest at all. I so miserable :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes you really need your rest. Have you tried a pillow between your legs all the way up to you upper thighs, and a pillow on the side of your stomach? Thats how I had to sleep.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:07 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I agree...get a pregnancy pillow they are wonderful
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Believe me when the baby comes, you will sleep!! You might even fall asleep standing up :) I didn't sleep a lot during my last two pregnancies and no it will not harm the baby. I will tell you this though, your baby is on your schedule. So when you sleep is usually when the baby sleeps, because there is less movement. My DD is 8 months and when she was born, she was still on that schedule. Only being home a week, she barely slept. I was in shock because my other 3 kids, were eat and sleep. My DD slept very little, she would rather be awake and was content when she was.
    With that being said, don't believe the saying that "all newborns just eat and sleep"!!! It took me I think 2 months to get my DD on a schedule.
    You should try different ways to get as much sleep as you can, wether it be different positions, a body pillow, warm milk. Because, your baby will be on your schedule when they are born.
    TR3boysand1girl

Answer by TR3boysand1girl at 7:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2009