A question about your childs future....? Honest answers only please...

When your child grows up, if their life is like yours is right now would you be proud/happy?

For my child...no I think she deserves better than a loveless marriage, and being poor. I hope she gets much better than what I have!!

Please think about it and answer honestly...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Parenting

• Yes. Granted my life hasn't gone exactly as planned but everything works out. I'm a fulltime student and a single parent. I do it all on my own, and I'm happy. Sooo...while this isn't exactly what I hope his life to be like I would be proud of him for taking responsiblity and taking charge of his life.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yes, I would be happy and proud. I married a wonderful guy. He has been in the Army for 11 years, and is always putting us first and making sure we're truly happy with everything. He's a great father. He's my best friend. He supported me when I went back to college -- he was my motivation.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 2:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I hope my daughter has the happiness and the great relationship I have with my DH. However I want to raise her to be less afraid than I was growing up, and to have more self confidence.
    I think it's hard or nearly impossible to teach your child to be/do anything that you aren't, unless they do it on there own. So if you want her to have more money, make a goal for yourself to apply for a student loan and raise your income. For me I have to finish my degree because I want that for my children. I also have to continually gain more confidence in myself because one day I'll be teaching her what that looks like.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I would be thrilled if my children had the same love in their lifes as I do in mine. I would wish for them to be a little more financially stable, but I couldn't wish better friends or a better spouse on them than I have now.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• no I wouldn't DH and I fight constantly because of our living arrangemnets and people butting into our life all the time, I feel my children deserve much better than how we have it. Things will get better for us very soon but as far as my kids go I don't want them looking forward to a better soon I want them to start off on the better foot
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yes and no. I am happy in my life, I love my sailor, I adore my daughter. However, I wouldn't want her to have to deal with all the stresses of having child with special needs (her) and as her mother, I wouldn't want her married to the military and across the country from all of her family. But those are the hardest parts of my life, so if that was the worst she had to deal with, and in return for having to live far from family and have a child with special needs, she received the joy I get from her and the love I receive from my hubby, I would be thrilled for her. : ) I am very blessed in my life.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:19 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• The only thing I would hope he does differently is to go to college. I didn't and it has affected us financially.

I hope he gets married to a good girl when he's ready, I hope he waits to have children until after he's done a lot of living and I hope he does better financially than us.

If he were to be in the same situation as us when he grows up, I would still be happy...
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 2:23 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• No not really. I would want them (there are 4 of them) to deal with the past and not drag it into adult hood with them and I would want them to love themselves more and grow spiritually a little quicker.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• If their hearts and spirit are as filled as mine are, then they will have wonderful lives. The struggles are what make us stronger and build character so I don't mind if they have a few of those along the way either.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2009